Green Energy Emergencies

What to do in an
emergency

Gas

Smell gas?

If you smell gas or believe there may be a gas leak you should call 0800 111 999 immediately.

DO NOT use naked flames
DO NOT smoke
DO NOT turn your light switches on or off
 
DO turn off the gas control valve by the meter
DO open doors and windows

Electricity

Experienced a power cut?

Dial 105. Lines are open 24 hours a day

Gas and faulty appliances

If one of your gas appliances is not functioning correctly do not use it!

Turn the appliance off, and do not turn it back on until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

For independent advice on gas safety please visit www.gassaferegister.co.uk

What to do if you are having on-going energy supply issues.

The supply of your gas and electricity falls under the responsibility of your regional supply network.

If you are having ongoing gas supply issues, or electricity supply issues (such as a fallen tree or adverse weather conditions), You can find your network supplier in our Customer Promise document.

Customer Promise PDF

Be carbon monoxide aware!

Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisonous gas, which can be emitted by appliances including wood burners or open fires, that have not been properly installed or serviced.

It is also colourless, odourless and tasteless.

It is essential that all appliances that burn these fuels are located in a well-ventilated area, and we recommend you to buy a carbon monoxide tester.

If you smell gas or believe there may be a gas leak you
should call 0800 111 999 immediately.

Add your voice to the conversation

Champion real, green energy in the UK.