A house with solar panels

Sell us renewable

Sell us renewable energy

Commercial generator?


By generating renewable energy yourself, you can save money on your energy bills. If you have solar panels or generate your own renewable energy and are a 100Green customer, we can give you credit on your account for any excess electricity you export back to the grid.

Call us on 01920 483 045


Installation address:

  • 100Green must be the electricity supplier at your address.
  • You must have a registered export MPAN.
  • You will need an export meter installed – we can help if you need one installed.

Call us on 01920 483 045

The renewable technology:

  • Must be installed by an MCS accredited installer (or equivalent).
  • Must not be accredited under the FiT.
  • Must have a Total Installed Capacity of 30kW or less.
  • Must have a generation meter.

The account holder 100Green:

  • Must not be in receipt of export payments from any other supplier for electricity exported from the relevant renewable technology.
  • Important note: Our Export Tariff is not a Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) tariff. This is because we require you to be an import customer as well as an export customer.

Be part of something
100% special

If you are thinking of
installing renewable
generation technology, why
not contact our generation
team? We can give you
advice and talk you through
our Export Tariff.

Call us on:
01920 483 045

Or email on:


Can I sell you energy?

Yes you can. Whether you are a biogas generator, a commercial scale renewable generator, a generator accredited under the RO, a larger scale generator accredited under the FiT, or about to have a generation station built, we’d love to know more. Please visit our commercial page.

Or if you are a domestic generator of energy, we can also buy what you don’t use.

If we supply your electricity and you own a home renewable generation installation (less than 30kW), then you may qualify for our Export Tariff.

We’ll ‘pay you back’ for any electricity you export into the grid by crediting your import account for each metered unit (kWh) of renewable electricity exported. Talk to us about our current rates.

What is a small-scale / domestic generator?

Small-scale generators have renewable generation technology installed with a maximum generating capacity of under 30kW. We offer an Export Tariff which provides you with a credit against your import account for each unit of electricity generating and exported to the national grid. Find out more here.

Can I still register for the FiT scheme?

If you have renewable generation technology which hasn’t yet been accredited to the FiT scheme, you can no longer qualify for accreditation on the scheme. This is because the FiT scheme closed to new applicants on 1st April 2019. If you are thinking of investing in a renewable energy generation solution, you should look at our Export Tariff instead.

Can I switch my existing FIT registered renewable technology to 100Green?

Yes, if you are a current customer or if you are joining us as a customer and would like to switch your existing FIT registered renewable technology too, just give us a call on 01920 486 156.

Do you install renewable generation technology?

As an electricity supplier, we don’t install renewable generation equipment. Your best option for finding an installer would be to look at the MCS website. Their search tool enables you to find installers for various types of technology in your area.

What do I need to do to sign up to the Export Tariff?
  1. In the first instance we need to assess your eligibility for the tariff. The best place to start would be to give us a call on 01920 486 156 or drop us an email at generation@100green.com.
  2. We will need a completed application form from you, along with a copy of an photo identity document, your MCS certificate (or equivalent) and a single line diagram for your battery (if you have one).
  3. After reviewing your paperwork, we will be in touch to confirm whether you have been accepted onto our Export Tariff.
  4. If successfully accepted, we will send you our terms and conditions to sign. We will need you to agree to these before we can proceed further.
  5. At this point, if you don't already have an export Meter Point Administration Number (export MPAN), we will submit a request to create one for you. This can take some time, but we won’t be able to make any payments for exported units until this has been done.
  6. Once the export MPAN has been created, it will also need to be registered on our system.
  7. We might also need to arrange for the relevant metering installation to take place at your address.
  8. The whole process to get you registered onto our Export Tariff can take up to eight weeks. So, the quicker you inform us the quicker we can get started.
What kind of energy can I generate as part of the Export Tariff?

As part of this tariff, we can accept any renewable generation type which would qualify for REGOs. In most cases our domestic generators have solar PV installed. We also have some small Hydro schemes, Wind Turbines and Micro-CHP generators. You can find out more about our energy here.

How long am I tied to 100Green as part of the Export Tariff?

Under the Export Tariff, you aren’t tied into a contract. You are free to leave us at any point. However, if you were to leave 100Green for your import supply, you would no longer qualify for Export payments.

As I will be generating my own electricity, will I still be getting bills?

Yes, you will still be billed for the electricity you use when your renewable generation equipment is not generating enough to meet the demands of the property. You will also still be charged a daily standing charge which covers the costs associated with delivering electricity to your home.

Can I install a battery?

We understand that in some cases, having a battery can be beneficial. We don’t discourage the use of storage; however, we need to be sure that we are only making payments for the electricity generated by your renewable generation equipment.

If you have a battery installed, we ask that you notify us and send us the single line diagram for the battery. This will enable us to make an assessment of whether the battery impacts your eligibility to receive the Export Tariff.

Do I need an Export Meter?

Yes, you will need an export meter in order to qualify for the Export Tariff. If you have a Smart Meter then you may not need one as they have dual functionality. In the first instance we will attempt to connect to it but if for any reason it doesn’t work, we can organise an upgrade.

What if I’m off grid – can I still sell you energy?

Unfortunately, if you do not have a connection to the national grid, you will not be exporting any electricity. Therefore, you will not qualify for payment under the Export Tariff.

I have just moved in to a property where a renewable generation technology is installed, what do I do?

Firstly, we need to understand whether the installation is registered for the Feed-in Tariff scheme. If this is the case, we need to go through the process of changing the Feed-in Tariff accreditation in to your name. If not, we can talk you through our Export Tariff.

In either case, the best thing to do is get in touch with us on 01920 486 156 so we can discuss further details.

How do I submit my generator meter readings?

You can submit your readings in your customer online area.